CIS 790 BANNER-2 PROF. AUCIELLO
Modify "Banner-1" by changing font (size and type),
speed, text, color, etc. Use "HTML Guide" to find answers.
Screen Capture output, paste, and put in HW Book.
Use your creativity to spice up technology!
Topics: 1. Same as Explorer "Marquee" Command. 2. time-delay
3. calling a function (on load) 4. substring
5. document, forms, boxes.
790-Banner-2 (ver 99.09.03)
Clues: Look at Page Source under 'View' Menu.
PROGRAM STEPS IN ENGLISH:
1. start HTML
2. start Head Section
3. Create a title called "Scrolling Banner", end definition of title.
5. Define a string variable "ScrollString" containing "This banner .."
6. Create a variable named 'timer' set to 0;
7. Define a function called "Scrollon()"
8. Opening brace.
9. Put the name of the string variable in 'boxtext' within 'box'
10. Create a message by extracting a substring starting at the 1st
position going to then end of the string and chaining that to
the character at 0, the 1st character in the string.
11. Set time-delay of 100 milliseconds for function "Scrollon()".
12. Close brace.
13. End Script section of program.
14. End Head Section.
15. Begin Body Section, set background color to blue,
when the html is loaded, call function "scrollon()"
16. Name the form "textform", and execute a script when form is submitted.
17. Define then Center a textbox 65 characters wide.
18. End Body
19. End HTML