From the Desktop
of Professor Auciello
If your email provider blocks everything but text, click http://auciello.tripod.com/week06.html for "Rich Media" version.
1. Did you know that you can read -- and should read -- previous emails posted at http://auciello.tripod.com/NEWS.HTML ?
2. Points on the Scoreboard:
Click http://auciello.tripod.com/deform7830.html.txt to verify that your points are recorded correctly. They should be increasing per this example:
On 02-17, she submitted a lot of points from the Start Disk. You have to explain your points, and you must add them up before submitting, right?
About half of your points should come from the Online Quizzes (Step #5). Evidence that you did the work is posted on line from the quizzes, and in the Project Notebook that you must turn in during Finals.
3. Point System / Catching-up"
700 / 701 3000 = B, 3500 = A (with notebook) or 4000 (without notebook)
You must be aggressively following these famous "Six Steps to Success".
4. Time out for web research:
4.1. How many bombers were lost when escorted by Tuskegee Airmen in WWII? 50tuskegee.
4.2. How many medals did Great Britain win in the past winter olympics? 50medal
5. New activities:
I am developing quizzes on the following lessons and you can earn points by studying these web pages, before the actual quizzes are posted"
5.1. http://govirtual.us/avi.html 50avi points for Flu Prevention Information
5.2 Note the "700 Projects (2000+ points)" and "701 Projects (3500 points)". Note "GRADE.DOC" which also lists projects!
5.3. Web page format styles:
Click New Model Home Page-1 (Cindy) and Page-2 (Shawnte) -- comment on which one you prefer for 50webdesign points.
5.3 Website on 2006 Winterolympics:
5.3 I went wild over the Winter Olympics -- click http://govirtual.us - tell me one thing that you like for 50olympic points, and 25improvment points for each suggestion. (only partially working)
6. CONTACTING ME
7. Living and working in a Visual Environment: Some of you have incredible artistic, visual skills that need to be "let out of the box"! I can give points if you send me examples of your work -- images, videos, music, dancing ... (all GP rated)
Be well. Keep in touch. Prof. A. Out.